Monday, May 21, 2012

...a week of nothing?

Because, I have totally been MIA for the last two weeks, I decided to do a short recap.

Saturday May 5th, I took park in my first metric half century bike race, The Tour of Long Beach. It was 30 miles and I finished in 2 hours and 20 minutes. I was quite happy with my time. I had expected it to take me about 3 hours, but it was all flat ground, which means a faster time but constant peddling. There is no coasting on a flat course. That night I started looking at up-coming events to see what I would do next. I have yet to choose an event, but I will let you know when I do.

On May 17th, I took my last final for the semester and taught my last lesson for the year. So it has been a couple of hectic weeks, I am glad they are over. Finally, I get to take a week-long break from my crazy life of the past five months. I go back to school on the 29th, and I will be subbing a few days here and there until school is out. And I am glad I do, I think I would go crazy if I did not have something to do.

A short break is definitely something to curl up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment