Wednesday, October 26, 2011

...a great home-made body scrub?

Two years ago, a co-worker gave me a home-made brown sugar and honey body scrub for Christmas. I loved the idea so much, that I went home and made some to give out myself. That year I made a simple scrub with white granulated sugar, grape seed oil, and vanilla extract. Last year, I made a brown sugar and honey scrub. Again it was a simple recipe: brown sugar, honey, and oil.

As October comes to an end my thoughts have drifted to the holidays. I have been thinking about what scrub I will make this year. I don't want to make what I've already made, so I've been searching the internet for different recipes. I just have a few requirements. The ingredients must be readily available and cheap. Preferably they are items I already have in my kitchen. Also I want it to last, so ingredients like milk and yogurt are out. It is amazing how many recipes are out there. Most of them are fairly similar, but occasionally one will stand out. (Pumpkin Pie Body Scrub!)

My next step is to try some of these recipes, and maybe a few of my own. I will let you know what I think, when I am done. Because...

There is almost nothing better than curling up with a home-made body scrub.

No comments:

Post a Comment