Saturday, October 29, 2011

...pumpkin pie body scrub?

Um, yeah, No. So, I made the pumpkin pie scrub last weekend. In theory it sounded great, in actuality it failed. There are a few things I didn't like about it: 1. It resembled baby food in look, smell and texture. 2. I didn't like the consistency. It was too runny. I know I could have fixed the consistency issue by adding more sugar, but really I couldn't get over the baby food aspect of it. I am glad I tried it out in advance, because I would never give it out as a gift. Now I have some time to try some other scrubs.

Here is the recipe in case you want it:
1 cup sugar (any kind)
1/4 cup oil ( I used safflower oil because it doesn't have much smell.)
1/4 cup pumpkin pie mix
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon Vitamin E (a natural preservative)
1 tablespoon Vodka ( a natural preservative)

Almost anything is better than curling up with this pumpkin pie body scrub.

No comments:

Post a Comment