Monday, January 9, 2012

...don't think, just go?


Over the past 16+ months, I have been on a weight loss journey. As of today, I have lost 63 pounds. I want to lose about 12 more.

On Saturday morning, at my Weight Watchers meeting a woman said, "I had every intention of going to the gym on Wednesday. I even put on my workout clothes. Then I just sat on the couch."

I never even imagined, that I would be one to say, "I love exercise." But here I am, posting it on the internet, for the whole world to see, I LOVE exercise. I love it. I'm going to say it one more time. I LOVE exercise. 

That being said, it's hard for me to imagine someone getting ready to go exercise just to sit on the couch. If you are going to make the effort to change clothes, then go all the way. Don't think! You already have your shoes on, grab your keys, walk out your door, and go. It doesn't matter if you go for 20 minutes or 2 hours, just move.

Then when you get home, you can curl up on the couch and know you did something great for yourself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment