Monday, January 23, 2012

...no more excuses?


On Tuesday, I am starting a speech pathology program, which means my time for exercise is going to be drastically reduced. However, that doesn't mean I get to be lazy about my exercise. I just have to find new ways to get moving.

I have two hours between my two classes and the student fitness center is right by the speech building. So guess what, I have no excuse to not use some of that time to run on a treadmill or take a Pilates class or even just walk around campus. 

For me, exercise is a way to relieve stress. It lifts me up, if I am sad. It gives me a boost of energy, if I am tired. It allows me some alone time, to think. I love getting on my bike and riding for 10, 15, 20 miles. It doesn't matter how long or how far I go. What matters is that I am outside moving. I have the opportunity and ability to exercise. So, I do. 

I leave you with this, if you are physically able to exercise, then stop making excuses. Get up. Get out. Get moving. Because not everyone can.

Just something to curl up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment