Here is some information, that I read a Blogilates.com, about the different colors of the rainbow.
- red foods have lycopene which decreases your risk of heart disease and protects your skin from sun damage
- ex: tomatoes, red pepper, chili, guava, watermelon, pink grapefruit
- orange foods have tons of vitamin A which helps with low light vision!
- ex: sweet potato, orange, carrots, cantaloupe, winter squash
- yellow foods help decrease joint inflammation
- ex: banana, yellow bell pepper, pineapple, corn, yellow squash
- green foods play an important role in stimulating new tissue growth and hindering growth of bacteria
- ex: broccoli, kale, kiwi, green beans, asparagus, avocado
- blue & purple foods help prevent short term memory loss – blueberries in particular help your brain respond better to incoming messages and might spur new growth of nerve cells
- ex: blueberries, blackberries
- ex: radish, red cabbage, beet, plum, eggplant
- Try to eat one of every color today! Either in one meal or throughout the day!