Sunday, January 22, 2012

...an eggplant pita pizza?

I have always been a little afraid of eggplant. I am not sure why, but last week, when I needed a purple food, I faced my fear and I bought an eggplant. I had no clue what to do with it or how to cook it, but I bought it. I ate it, and I loved it. I can't wait to make it again. (Actually, I've already roasted some for my salads this week.)

My eggplant pita pizza was super simple to make. Here is what you need to make it yourself:
1 eggplant
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs fresh garlic
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1/4 of any color bell pepper, sliced
1/2 c marinara sauce
1/2 c mozzarella cheese
1 whole wheat pita

Slice eggplant and brush with oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Grill eggplant until tender. About 15 minutes.

Pre-heat oven to 400. Place pita in the center of a cookie sheet. Top pita with sauce, eggplant, peppers and cheese. Bake until the edges are golden brown. About 20 minutes.

An eggplant pita pizza is most definitely something yummy and healthy to curl up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment